Do you sometimes get on your horse and wonder ...
Or you Do have a plan, but it’s the same program day after day
so you and you’re horse are getting bored,
and you're not even sure you're making progress.
What if you:
- could set up a simple station in just a few minutes that allowed you to practice 5, 6, even 9 different obstacles in one to reduce both boredom and anticipation?
- were clear on what is required in an obstacle and what kind of errors to watch for?
- could balance your phone on the fence to video yourself and accurately critique your own ride?
Have You Heard of Working Equitation?
It's a Multi-phase,
originating in Europe.
It demonstrates a working horse's ability to maneuver in the open
as well as with finesse and speed in the two obstacle trials.
It sometimes includes a team Cow work phase as well.
Even if you are not interested in Working Equitation itself,
doing the exercises at these simple stations is:
- just plain good training for your horse
- a way of measuring progress
- and it's fun!
Would You Like to Try Working Equitation?
Maybe You Have but
because there is:
- NO ROOM for a course
- NO MONEY for obstacles
- NO COACHES in your area
Do It Yourself Working Equitation is
Your Ticket to Success
It's how Baybee and I went from green trail horse to Novice A Champion
at the 2017 WE United Nationals and A-rated show
with only a small arena and some miscellaneous objects to train with.
The 5 Simple Stations in
Do It Yourself Working Equitation
allow you to
Learn New Skills and Practice Techniques, Almost Anywhere.
The largest station only needs a 20'x20' area. You can even practice in a roundpen.
Each simple to make station has multiple uses and includes
Instructions, Diagrams and concise Captioned Videos
to show you what to do, and what can go wrong.
Because the videos are short you won’t have to spend a ton of time on your computer. Just watch the ones for the exercises you’d like to try, and you’re ready to ride!